Charles Whitney MD Launching New Company and Program for Oral-Systemic Specialists
Doylestown, PA – August 12, 2014 – Charles Whitney, MD who has become well known in the dental industry as a physician who understands the oral-systemic connection, and for being a strong advocate for improved collaboration between dentistry and medicine, will be launching a new company, 3rd Era Dentistry and The Oral-Systemic Specialist Empowerment Program for Dental Hygienists at exhibit #1 at Under One Roof 2014.
3rd Era Dentistry is a division of Dr. Whitney’s newly-formed parent company, 3rd Era Health Inc., which was formed to be a catalyst for integrating patient care across all healthcare disciplines in an effort to create health and prevent illness.
The long-term plan is to form additional divisions for forward-thinking professionals in other healthcare specialties, but according to Dr. Whitney, “The integration of medicine and dentistry is sadly lacking. That’s why 3rd Era Dentistry was where we needed to start - especially among hygienists who are on the front lines of periodontal therapy and patient education.”
At RDH Under One Roof, Dr. Whitney and his director of operations, hygiene thought leader Lisa Wadsworth, RDH will be unveiling The Oral-Systemic Specialist Empowerment Program for Dental Hygienists, a comprehensive package of tools designed to empower dental hygienists to achieve the following goals:
· Become Oral-Systemic Specialists
· Evolve into Integrated Care Managers
· Enhance Patient Education Skills Regarding Oral-Systemic Links
· Improve Case Acceptance for Perio Treatment
· Learn Approaches to Collaborate with Physicians
· Maximize the Professional Value of the RDH
“The hygiene community is very fortunate to have a physician advocate like Dr. Whitney who truly appreciates what they do every day to contribute to the overall health of a patient,” explained Wadsworth. “The collaboration between a physician and a hygienist has resulted in a unique and powerful program”.
The Oral-Systemic Specialist Empowerment Program for Dental Hygienists consists of the following components:
· Copy of the best-selling book “Beat the Heart Attack Gene” by Dr. Bradley Bale and Amy Doneen ARNP
· 8x a year oral-systemic newsletter
· Quarterly CE webinars presented or hosted by Dr. Whitney and Lisa
· Discounted products from strategic partners
· 8x a year, interactive conference calls hosted by Lisa Wadsworth RDH with industry experts, including Dr. Whitney
· 50% discount on from INeedCE.com
· Copy of the mini-book by RDH thought leader Patti DiGangi, RDH “DentalCodeology: JumpStart Diagnostic Coding”
· Guidelines on how to build MNR (medical necessity rationale) to increase treatment acceptance and insurance reimbursement
The cost to join 3rd Era Dentistry’s Empowerment Program for Dental Hygienists is only $399.00 for the first year and $199.00 for annual renewal to benefit from continued access to
the phone consultations, CE webinars, discounted CE and newsletters. Hygienists who sign up during RDH Under One Roof 2014 will receive the first year membership for $299.00 and save $100.00! For more information, visit www.3rdEraDentistry.com , call 215-359-6627, or email info@3rdEraDentistry.com.
About Third Era Dentistry
Based in Doylestown, PA, 3rd Era Dentistry is a division of 3rd Era Health, which was founded by practicing physician and healthcare industry thought leader Charles Whitney MD, to be a catalyst for integrating patient care across all healthcare disciplines in an effort to create health and prevent illness. 3rd Era Dentistry is specifically-focused on the links between oral disease and overall health as well encouraging increased collaboration between dentistry and medicine. The ultimate goal of 3rd Era Dentistry is to create optimal health and prevent systemic diseases that originate from or are exacerbated by periodontal or endodontic infections. These preventable or manageable diseases include heart disease, stroke, pregnancy complications, arthritis, diabetes and dementia. For more information, visit www.3rdEraDentistry.com , call 215-359-6627 or email info@3rdEraDentistry.com.
# # #