Planmeca Romexis® Implant Guide module completes a fully digital implant workflow
Planmeca Romexis® is the leading software platform for dentistry. It supports all types of dental imaging and offers an extensive range of tools for all specialities and specialists. Planmeca Romexis now also enables a fully digital implant workflow as the software allows users to design their own implant guides for the first time.
Taking an implant plan to actual surgery is now easier than ever, as the Planmeca Romexis® software includes all the required steps for a fully digital implant workflow. All steps can be controlled and completed in the all-in-one Planmeca Romexis software, from planning to manufacturing.
The workflow has been completed with a new tool – the Planmeca Romexis® Implant Guide module for designing surgical implant guides. This elevates implant planning to another level as virtual plans can now be brought to reality accurately.
“The Planmeca Romexis Implant Guide module allows flexible design and cost-effective use of surgical guides,” stated Helianna Puhlin-Nurminen, Vice President of Planmeca’s Digital imaging and applications division. “Users can create guides with a few simple steps and the open format STL file for the design can then be printed with a 3D printer – such as the new Planmeca Creo™.”
The fully digital implant workflow in Planmeca Romexis now consists of as follows:
- Smile analysis and patient motivation in the Planmeca Romexis® Smile Design module
- CBCT imaging with Planmeca ProMax® 3D X-ray units
- Matching CBCT images with any surface model of the teeth in the Planmeca Romexis® 3D module
- Virtual crown design in the integrated Planmeca PlanCAD® Easy software
- Prosthetic-driven implant planning in the Planmeca Romexis® 3D Implant Planning module
- Implant guide design in the Planmeca Romexis Implant Guide module
- 3D printing of guides with the Planmeca Creo 3D printer
The Planmeca Romexis Implant Guide module will be presented at IDS 2017 and is immediately available to customers.