Treo 750 To Get Windows Mobile 6
Palm will announce an upgrade for the Treo 750 to Windows Mobile 6. Here is a photo of the Treo 750 running Windows Mobile 6.
Here are a list of new features:
- Built-in Windows Update(!) - Will the carriers stand for this? I know that Palm spends months testing the most minor of bugfixes so the carriers won't have a bird.
- Built-in memory card encryption and the ability to do remote-wipes.
- HTML-formatted email (I don't want this, but others do).
- A neater feature is "SmartFilter," which automatically filters your emails as you type just like most contacts applications filter your contacts. SmartFilter also works on your music collection.
- Better Live Mail (nee Hotmail) integration, including contact integration.
- 320x320 Screen Resolution support - Palm, I expect a new WM Treo yesterday with this screen resolution.
- Windows Live goes out of Beta and will be built-in
- Direct Push now standard (has been for awhile on WM5, but I know some of you are still stuck without it)
- 3rd party software should still work fine - just in case you were wondering.
- Microsoft Office Mobile updated - now full edits documents on all editions of WM6!
- Pocket Internet Explorer to be faster, they're saying 30% faster - let's hope! Also new, "Mobile AJAX standards"
- Better Vista integration
- Enhanced Calendar, including a "ribbon."
- Improved Security
- Built-in VOIP(!) - no, not really, but they added support for it "under the hood", according to cnet.
- A ton of smaller tweaks, changes, fixes, improvements, etc.