January 5, 2012
We are pleased to announce that Philips Oral Healthcare (formerly known as "Philips Discus") has reached an agreement to sell its restorative and impression portfolio to DenMat. This includes: Splash® and Precision® impression materials, Vanilla Bite™, Chocolate Bite™, MegaBite®, and Clear Bite™ registration materials, MOXIE™, bonding agents, Gripper™ and PERFECtray® bite trays, PERFECtemp® crown and bridge material, and FLASHlite™ (Magna and 1401) curing lights.
Philips Oral Healthcare will continue to support dental professionals by providing its category-leading lineup including Zoom®, DayWhite®, NiteWhite® and BriteSmile® tooth whitening solutions, Sonicare® power toothbrushes, NV™ and SL3™ Lasers, Zen™ cordless prophy, Insight™ ultrasonic inserts, Fluoridex® fluoride toothpaste, PerioRx® chlorhexidine rinse, Relief® ACP gel and BreathRx®.
In the coming weeks, Philips Oral Healthcare and DenMat will work together to transition all operations of the restoratives and impression business into DenMat's facilities in Santa Maria, California.
Be assured that both companies are committed to making this transition as seamless as possible. Questions and answers are provided below. If there is a question we have not addressed, please feel free to contact either company using the contact information provided below.
General Manager, Philips Oral Healthcare
Vice President, Philips Consumer Lifestyle
Chief Executive Officer
DenMat Holdings, LLC
Philips Oral Healthcare:
DenMat Holdings, LLC:
Answers to commonly asked questions
What products are being sold to DenMat?
- DenMat has acquired the Philips Oral Healthcare restoratives and impression portfolio. This includes: Splash and Precision impression materials, Vanilla Bite, Chocolate Bite, MegaBite, and Clear Bite registration materials, MOXIE bonding agents, Gripper and PERFECtray bite trays, PERFECtemp crown and bridge material, and FLASHlite (Magna and 1401) curling lights.
When will this transition begin and how long is it expected to last?
- During January, responsibility for the sale and distribution of these products will transition from Philips Oral Healthcare to DenMat. In the near-term, all sales and customer service functions will remain with Philips Oral Healthcare. On or before February 1st, you will be able to begin purchasing all of these products exclusively from DenMat by calling (800) 445-0345.
When will I need to place my next order and how will I know which company to contact?
- During the transition period, questions regarding orders placed with Philips Oral Healthcare should be addressed with the Philips Oral Healthcare sales and customer service teams.
- New orders placed in January should be directed to the Philips Oral Healthcare sales team, who will notify you when the responsibility for taking orders has moved to DenMat and provide an introduction to your DenMat sales representative.
- On or about February 1st, new orders should be placed with DenMat by calling (800) 445-0345.
long will I continue to be able to place product orders on Philips Oral
Healthcare's website? Does DenMat have a similar on-line ordering
system and, if so, when will I be able to order my impression and
restorative products on-line from DenMat?
- Orders will not be accepted by Philips Oral Healthcare after February 1st.
- Orders can be placed with DenMat via phone on or about February 1st. Online orders can be placed through www.denmat.com beginning in February.
DenMat plan to offer hands-on workshops that cover its new restorative
and impression products, or integrating the new portfolio into their
current course curriculum?
- DenMat plans to integrate the new restoratives and impression portfolio into its existing course curriculum.
the current Philips Oral Healthcare part numbers (SKU's) remain the
same or will they be changed to a DenMat numbering system? If a change
will be made, how will I be notified?
- DenMat intends to maintain the current part numbers.
affect will this change have on the timing of delivery of products that
I have currently on order with Philips Oral Healthcare? What about
those ordered in the near future?
- Orders that were placed with Philips Oral Healthcare before February 1st will be shipped from Philips Oral Healthcare.
- New orders placed with DenMat after February 1st will ship via ground from Santa Maria, CA. 2-day and overnight delivery options are also available.
I have a warranty issue or return already in progress, how will this be
handled? For issues and returns on products that I had previously
purchased from Philips Oral Healthcare, which company should I contact?
- For products shipped on or before February 1st, Philips Oral Healthcare's normal procedures should be followed for warranty claims and all returns and credit requests received by February 1st will be handled by Philips Oral Healthcare.
- For products shipped after February 1st, contact DenMat Customer Care at (800) 433-6628.
- DenMat will handle all warranty claims, returns and credit requests received after February 1st.
Philips Oral Healthcare's return and warranty terms and conditions be
honored by DenMat or will the products that I previously purchased from
Philips Oral Healthcare be transferred to the terms and conditions of
DenMat policies? What are the terms and conditions of DenMat's warranty
and return policies?
- DenMat will honor the warranties of all products sold by Philips Oral Healthcare on or before February 1st.
- To view DenMat's ordering and shipping policy, visit www.denmat.com/Ordering_Shipping_Policy_-_Products.
Will the price of any of the impression and restorative products change in the near future?
- DenMat will continue selling all products at the same prices subject to DenMat's customary price review from time-to-time.
I have been purchasing products from Philips Oral Healthcare on a VIP,
University, Group Practice, or Speaker discount basis, will these
discounts be honored by DenMat?
- Discounts will continue to be honored by DenMat subject to DenMat's customary price review from time-to-time.
any restorative or impression products be discontinued or changed? If
so, how much notice will be given before a product change or
discontinuation takes place?
- Most, if not all, of the products will continue to be available. There may be several obsolete and/or redundant products that will be discontinued; however, this determination has not yet been made.
- Your DenMat sales representative will advise you of either product changes or discontinuations.
- DenMat is committed to maintaining continuity of product quality and will be utilizing the same materials, quality standards, manufacturing practices, suppliers and even the same filling equipment, to produce these fine products. Additionally, these products will continue to be packaged/filled and/or manufactured/assembled in California, as applicable.
I need a sales representative to visit my office for technical support
or service, how long will my current Philips Oral Healthcare
representative be available and will they be replaced by a DenMat
- Technical support and service will transition to DenMat's sales and customer service teams on or before February 1st.
Will I need to set up a new account with DenMat or will my Philips Oral Healthcare account be transferred?
- Yes, you will need to set up a new account if you do not currently have an account with DenMat. Your DenMat sales representative will assist you with account set-up, which is a quick and simple procedure.