New Treo 755. I'm Not Buying It!


Well Palm has released the new Treo 755P. The specs for this Treo are almost identical to the Treo 700P. There has been many problems with the Treo 700P and after a year and a half the update for the phones software is due out at the end of the month.

So I still sit with my old reliable (if you can call any Treo reliable) Treo 650. I think I will be waiting to see if all the bugs are out of the Treo 755 and if the ROM update for the 700 works.

Here is what I will be doing before deciding what my next smartphone will be:

1. Wait for Jeff Hawkins to announce the new Palm product later this month a D Conference.

2. See what the bugs are in the 755P if any.

3. See if the ROM update for the 700P fixes all of its problems.

If the ROM update works well I may consider buying a used 700P because the SD cards are the same size and I have extra batteries that will fit. Otherwise I may just jump off the Treo ship or wait until the end of the year and see if I will beta test the new Linux Palm OS smartphone at that time.

Comments