Palm Introduces the Foleo- I'm not buying it!


Well Palm and Jeff Hawkins (the brain behind the Palm Pilot and Treo) have announced their new device called the Foleo. It basically is a laptop computer (running Linux) that connects to your smartphone. It is smaller then any sub-notebook and has instant on (no booting up)but doesn't fit the bill for me. It does have wifi but all other connectivity goes through the smartphone. You can do a presentation with the Foleo but I am not sure if the device/smartphone has enough CPU horsepower to do animations. For $499 you can buy a notebook that will do so much more.

I got rid of my PDA when the first Treo was introduced because I did not want to carry 2 devices. Palm calls the Foleo a mobile companion. Thats not what I need. I need a better smartphone. Now this device will not fit in your pocket with its
10 inch screen. This reminds me more of a Windows CE device from LG that I had many years ago. I am not sure if this is a step forward or back for Palm.

Comments