New Product Offerings Provide Huge Benefits for Dental Practitioners;
Streamline Workflow and Improve Doctor-to-Patient Communication
ATLANTA – Carestream Dental today introduced five of the newest additions to its intraoral imaging system, intraoral camera and software suites – all streamline workflow and improve doctor-to-patient communication. The products will debut at the 147th Annual Chicago Dental Society Midwinter Meeting, held through Saturday, February 25, at McCormick Place West in Chicago.
During the Chicago Midwinter Meeting, the Carestream Dental team will showcase new solutions, which include:
· The compact CS 7600 digital intraoral radiography system reinvents imaging plate technology by improving usability, productivity and security. This cost-effective system’s patented intelligent workflow technology prevents plate mix-up and reduces operation time. The CS 7600 is fully automated and as easy to use as film – with all the benefits of digital imaging.
· The CS 16001 is a multi-use intraoral camera that combines exclusive, patented caries detection technology with Carestream Dental’s industry-leading image quality. With the widest focus range on the market (1mm to infinity), this easy-to-use camera marks a leap forward in dental care; as dentists typically must rely upon traditional, more subjective methods of caries detection. This camera features the same unique liquid-lens autofocus technology as Carestream Dental’s 1500 Intraoral Camera as well as a sophisticated 18-LED illumination system and an optional polarizer filter to reduce glare.
· An additional new intraoral camera, the CS 1200, is easy to use and provides practitioners with an affordable entry point into digital imaging. The CS 1200 captures crisp, clear images. The camera’s wide focus range captures a variety of images including macro, single teeth, arches and smiles, and it has the ability to store up to 300 images within the camera itself.
· Logicon Caries DetectorTM Software, the only FDA-approved caries detection software, is now available in an automatic version. This software serves as a computer-aided detection tool that is clinically proven2 to help dentists find more interproximal caries on intraoral radiographs. This new version of Logicon Software improves practice efficiency with the ability to automatically run the detection algorithm on all applicable tooth surfaces within a radiograph and immediately display the results, with a single click.
· For use with Carestream Dental’s RVG 6500 System, the RVG Mobile application enables dentists to review images chairside on an iPad®3, improving patient communication and case acceptance. RVG Mobile also provides remote access to dental imaging software files, so stored images can be easily transferred to practice computers for diagnosis and archiving. This solution cuts practice equipment costs since extra monitors are no longer needed.
“Carestream cares about our customers, and we are dedicated to developing and producing high-quality solutions that help – not hinder – workflows and optimize patient care,” said Edward Shellard, D.M.D., chief marketing officer and director of business development for Carestream Dental. “We’re excited for practitioners to experience our new solutions and the huge time savings they provide.”
The Annual Chicago Midwinter Meeting is one of the largest dental exhibitions in the United States, with more than 600 manufacturers, dealers, suppliers and labs participating every year. The 2012 event is under way at the McCormick Place West Building in Exhibit Hall F on Level 3.
Carestream Dental welcomes all Chicago Midwinter Meeting attendees to visit the booth, number 3217, to get a hands-on demonstration of its suite of products during the show. For more information on Carestream Dental’s innovative solutions or to request a product demonstration, call (800) 944-6365 or visit www.carestreamdental.com.
1Work in Progress – Not for sale in the U.S.
2Gakenheimer, David C. “The Efficacy of a Computerized Caries Detector in Intraoral Digital Radiography.” Journal of the American Dental Association 133 (2002): 883-890
3iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
About Carestream Dental
Carestream Dental provides industry-leading imaging, software and practice management solutions for dental and oral health professionals. With more than 100 years of industry experience, Carestream Dental products are used by seven out of 10 practitioners globally and deliver more precise diagnoses, improved workflows and superior patient care. For more information or to contact a Carestream Dental representative, call (800) 944-6365 or visit www.carestreamdental.com.
About Carestream Health
Carestream Health is a worldwide provider of dental and medical imaging systems and healthcare IT solutions; molecular imaging systems for life science research and drug discovery/development; X-ray film and digital X-ray systems for non-destructive testing; and advanced materials for the precision films and electronics markets.
For more information about the company’s broad portfolio of products, solutions and services, please contact your Carestream Health representative or visit www.carestream.com.