Journal of Endodontics
- •Of the 172 potential articles, only 4 randomized clinical trials and 1 nonrandomized clinical trial were included in this systematic review.
- •The laboratory methods used to evaluate root canal disinfection were heterogeneous among studies (culture techniques and molecular methods).
- •The 5 studies compared sodium hypochlorite and chlorhexidine by collecting samples from the root canal before and after the protocol treatments.
- •Randomization was conducted in 4 of the 5 studies.
- •There was a lack of agreement between the findings of the selected studies.