Toronto, CA – July 14, 2015 – Oravital Inc., is now introducing its highly successful proprietary Oravital® Oral Health System to the U.S. professional dental market. The company which was formed in 2008 and currently has a network certified dental offices throughout Canada, plans to replicate its success in the United States.
According to company president and CEO Dr. Jim Hyland, “Undiagnosed and untreated oral infections are a North American epidemic and include gum disease and halitosis. We also know that gum disease is a contributing factor to many systemic conditions such as cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s and diabetes. The time is right to share the Canadian clinical success of the Oravital® System with our American dental colleagues and their patients.”
The Oravital® System is a five-step system based on identifying the cause of oral infection through microbial analysis and tests for bleeding gums before scaling. After diagnosis, treatment includes a customized antibiotic mouthwash used for a two-week period, accompanied by proper home oral care using additional, specific Oravital® products that are recommended based upon the patient’s individual condition.
One early adopter in the US is Dr. Robert McBride who practices in Long Beach, CA. Dr. McBride is certified in using the Oravital® System for treating both periodontal disease and halitosis. “In the past,we attempted to accurately assess our patients' oral environment via phase microscopy and laboratory tests that many patients rejected due to expense. The Oravital® System is a more cost effective and patient-accepted option. The system offers a comprehensive quantification of the oral microbial environment along with user-friendly and effective preventive and treatment protocols. This provides a solution to oral malodor while treating periodontal disease as well.”
For more information on the Oravital system and how your dental practice can become a certified Oravital Clinic, visit www.Oravital.com or call 1-800-909-6468.
Oravital Product Backgrounder
The Oravital® System is very thorough and consists of the following 5 steps:
1. Screening: Using a swab, the dentist or hygienist takes bacterial samples from the patient’s tongue, throat and teeth. These samples are sent to a laboratory for analysis to identify any harmful bacteria that may be causing gum disease and breath odor.
2. Treatment: If the report indicates there are harmful microorganisms in the patient’s mouth that are causing gum and/or breath problems, the dentist/hygienist will recommend an Oravital® antibiotic and/or antimicrobial rinse that is specifically targeted to kill the germs causing the infection. The patient uses the prescribed Oravital® rinse for approximately two weeks until the harmful bacteria are under control and a proper balance of healthy bacteria returns.
3. Evaluation: Following initial treatment, the patient is scheduled for another dental checkup to evaluate their gum health.
4. Maintenance: Regular dental hygiene appointments and good oral home care will ensure the patient maintains a healthy mouth. Along with regular brushing and cleaning between their teeth, using an Oravital® maintenance rinse on a daily basis will help patients prevent recurring gum and breath problems.
5. Revaluation: The company recommends Oravital® microbial testing at least once a year to determine whether the bacteria in the patient’s mouth are still in balance. If harmful bacteria levels are increasing, infection could return. It's easier to address any problems before this happens.
Oravital Inc. Company Backgrounder
Oravital Inc. was established in the fall of 2007 in Toronto, Canada. The company licenses proprietary technology called the Oravital® System to certified dental clinics throughout North America for the most advanced, effective and painless diagnosis and treatment of oral infections available today.
Previously, oral infections causing gum disease and bad breath had been difficult to diagnose and treat successfully. With recent studies linking oral infections with systemic conditions such as heart disease and diabetes, gum disease is now considered a medical condition dental professionals should treat. Given that 75% of the population continues to have signs of periodontal disease, diagnosis and predictable treatment of this infection has become extremely important.
The Oravital® System is highly effective in eliminating mild to moderate gum disease as well as bad breath in just two weeks. The Oravital® System is based on identifying the cause of oral infection through microbial analysis and tests for bleeding gums. Treatment includes a customized antibiotic rinse used for a two-week period, accompanied by unique gum cleaning techniques for the patient to follow.
The science of Oravital® evolved from 15 years of ground-breaking research and successful clinical treatment by Anne Bosy, RDH, MEd, MSc, co-founder of Toronto's Fresh Breath Clinic. Dr. Walter Loesche, who was a respected authority on periodontal disease treatment at the University of The
Michigan, validated the effectiveness of the antibiotic therapy developed by Anne Bosy. The following are members of Oravital's executive management team:
- Dr. James Hyland, BSc, DDS / President & CEO
- Ms. Anne Bosy RRDH, MEd, MSc / Founder, VP of Clinical Affairs and Chief Science Officer
- Robert Isaacson, CPA, CA, MBA / Founder, Vice Chairman and Chief Financial Officer
- Michael Hart / Chairman of the Board
Oravital Inc. also provides a comprehensive, dynamic and scientifically-grounded training program to its clinics. Oravital® certified dental professionals are authorized experts in providing Oravital® diagnostic analysis, individualized treatment, and dedicated long-term support. For more information, visit www.Oravital.com or call 1-800-909-6468.
# # #