Thoughts About 2009 Chicago Mid Winter Meeting

Well I got back from cold Chicago into snowy NJ. We will get about 10 inches of snow before today ends. I am sitting in the office waiting for the day to start and figured this was a great time to blog.
Here is my recap of the 2009 Chicago Mid Winter Meeting.

My first day in Chicago was spent filming a new dental entertainment program. More information will follow as we get closer to its release.

Attendance was down but people were buying products! Thanks to all for keeping the economy going. All the companies were telling me that they were having a good meeting. This is in stark contrast to the last two big dental meetings.

Lots of new composites on the market. Heraeus has Venus Diamond and Kerr has Herculite Ultra. Ray Kurdy has officially launched his KöR Whitening Deep Bleaching™ System (see my previous post for more information).

There were no Holy Cow amazing new products that I saw. Here are a few that have caught my eye.

Skyview is a new 3D CBCT machine from Myray. The cost is $129K.



The ProDrive System is comprised of the ProDrive Replacement Turbine, which installs into your existing handpiece; and the ProDrive Bur, which locks into the turbine with its triangular bur shaft. The triangular shaft means less bur slippage. Hopefully I will get to try this out soon and I will report back.

Guru- the patient eduction software has some new animations coming out this year.




Twisted Files from SybronEndo. I just love these files. They make endo so much easier. One of the limits of these files currently is they only come with a 25 size tip. Well soon you will be able to get larger apexes. The .06's will be in sizes 30 and 35 along with a .04 size 40!

Air Techniques Spectra is still not FDA approved for caries detection but I am hoping it will be released in the very near future. I cannot wait to try it out.

As usual the meeting went by in a blur but it is one of the don't miss meetings in the country. It is worth the trip to Chicago even in the dead of winter. More information on the meeting is on the Chicago Dental Society web site.

Comments